How to protect number from ban?#
Parameters influencing number blocking resistance:
1. Number age (number warm-up)#
The longer the number is registered with WhatsApp, the more resistant it is to blocking. If you have just registered a new number, then it is the most vulnerable, we recommend that you start warming up only the next day after creating a WhatsApp account. You need to be especially careful during the first 10 days of the number use. You should gradually "warm up" the number.
During the first 10 days of the number use:
to link the account after 24 hours, details in the news
do not send messages through the instance and do not create groups immediately after connecting, it is recommended to start sending messages the next day
no more than 20 new recipients per day
2. Response ratio (incoming and outgoing messages ratio)#
The ideal case is when customers send messages to you first and add you to their contacts. However, in most cases this scenario cannot be achieved. It is often required to start the dialogue first. If you send too many messages and do not receive a single reply in response, then you run the risk of getting banned. Aim for at least 30 responses from customers (30%) for every 100 messages send. In this case, with 30% of replies, it can be assumed that the number is not at risk.
3. STOP command#
The customer always has the opportunity to ban your number if you bother them. However, if you add the phrase "send stop to unsubscribe from our postings" at the end of the mailing, then it will be more convenient for the client to send "stop" than send a complaint to WhatsApp. In this way you will drop out dissatisfied customers and protect your number, and at the same time boost the response ratio.
4. Address by name#
The first contact with the customer is very important. Try to address to the customer by name. Thus you will increase the conversion of customer responses. Additionally, you make each message unique, which has a positive effect on the number blocking resistance.
5. Question in the first message#
In the very first message, explicitly request permission to send messages to the customer. It is important here to ensure that the customer enters into a dialogue with your number (bot) and at least replies something. This will help you achieve a good response ratio and drop out negatively minded customers.
Before sending a message, we recommend making a dialogue of the form:
Andrew, good afternoon! Do you want to receive an electronic invoice from My Company LLP?
6. Short messages#
Instead of one heavy message, send several small messages. This style is more like real communication than automated mailing.
Below you can find scenarios by degree of risk to be blocked#
(perfect) You will never be banned:#
- customers send you messages first
- customers add your number to their contacts
- customers can send "stop" to unsubscribe
(recommended) Minimal risk of blocking#
- you send messages first, gradually boosting your customer base on the number
- at the first contact with a customer, you ask them for permission to communicate
- you address to a customer by name, in the personalized way
- you receive at least 30 incoming messages from customers to 100 sent messages
- customers can always send "stop" to unsubscribe
(not recommended) Maximum risk of blocking#
- a number registered less than 10 days ago
- you send messages first
- same-type messages, no personalization
- a large number of recipients
- no replies from customers
- send advertising that the customer is not interested in (spam)